Melmed Center, a well-established multidisciplinary developmental pediatric private practice, (www.melmedcenter.com), is seeking an AZ licensed Masters level counselor or AZ licensed psychologist for full and/or part time employment in the North Scottsdale/Phoenix area with a strong background in treating ASD, ADHD, disruptive behaviors, anxiety, depression, and other social, developmental, and learning challenges in an outpatient mental health setting. The ideal candidate will be experienced in providing outpatient mental health counseling to children, teens, and young adults, thrive in a fast-paced environment with a steady stream of referrals, and work collaboratively with our clinical team of developmental pediatricians, psychiatric nurse practitioners, psychologists, BCBA and RBT providers, occupational therapists, and other disciplines (nutrition and educational advocacy).
- Provide outpatient mental health counseling services to kids, teens, and young adults (experience with preschool age children a plus) with a varying level of difficulties due to mental health concerns or life situations
- Complete intakes, assessments (as needed), treatment and discharge planning, individual and group counseling, and case management/coordination of care (with other Melmed Center providers)
- Charting progress, maintaining clinical records, and ensuring implementation of treatment and discharge plans in a time efficient manner
- Attend weekly professional development meetings
- Clinical Psychologists (PhD or PsyD) fully licensed by the Arizona Board of Psychologist Examiners (not provisional or intern) OR LCSW or LMFT or LPC (not associate)
- Must be able to practice independently without a need for supervision hours
- A strong interest in working with children, teens, and young adults, with specialization with developmental disorders, including but not limited to Autism Spectrum Disorder and ADHD, and disruptive behavior, anxiety, depression, etc.
- Experience providing evidenced-based treatments, parent training, and running groups
- Previous private practice experience is a plus
- Self-guided determination to complete notes within 24 hours
- Character traits including strong interpersonal skills, professionalism, integrity, honesty, adaptability, organizational skills, and being a self-starter
This is a truly unique opportunity for career growth. Generous compensation and benefits package available and an opportunity to work with a happy and supportive team!
Interested candidates should send a curriculum vitae AND letter of interest to Michel Wilds, Executive Director, at email@example.com