Melmed Center, a well-established multidisciplinary developmental pediatric private practice, is seeking an AZ fully licensed psychologist for full-time employment in the North Scottsdale/Phoenix area. The ideal candidate will have experience with both the psychological testing process (administration, scoring, interpretation, communicating feedback/recommendations, and report write-up) and outpatient mental health counseling with children, teens, and young adults. Melmed Center has a huge library of psychological assessment tools available for use. Additionally, the ideal candidate will thrive in a fast-paced environment with a steady stream of referrals, as well as work collaboratively with our clinical team of developmental pediatricians, psychiatric nurse practitioners, psychologists, BCBA and RBT providers, occupational therapists, and other disciplines (nutrition and educational advocacy).
- Complete psycho-educational assessments for children (experience with preschool children is a plus), teens, and young adults (experience with adults is a plus) with a varying complexity of learning, behavioral, emotional, and developmental challenges
- Complete diagnostic psychological assessments for preschoolers, children, teens, young adults, and adults who present with varying degrees of autism spectrum symptomatology.
- Provide outpatient counseling services to kids, teens, and young adults (experience with preschool age children a plus) with a varying level of difficulties due to mental health concerns or life situations
- Complete intakes, assessments, treatment and discharge planning, individual and group counseling, and case management/coordination of care (with other Melmed Center providers)
- Charting progress, maintaining clinical records, and ensuring implementation of treatment and discharge plans in a time efficient manner
- Attend weekly professional development meetings
- Psychologists (PhD, PsyD, or EdD) with backgrounds in clinical, counseling, or school psychology, currently fully licensed by the Arizona Board of Psychologist Examiners (not provisional or intern)
- Must be able to practice independently without a need for supervision hours
- A strong background and experience in psychological testing including administering and scoring assessment batteries, interpreting results and communicating diagnostic feedback and recommendations to families, and writing up reports in a time-efficient manner
- A strong interest in working with children, adolescents, and young adults with specialization with developmental disorders, including but not limited to autism spectrum disorder, ADHD and intellectual disabilities, disruptive behavior, and anxiety, depression, etc.
- Experience with preschool children and adults, or willingness to learn, is a plus
- Training and experience with ASD assessment, including administering the ADOS-2 is required (experience with the ADI-R and MIGDAS-2 is a plus)
- Previous private practice experience is a plus
- Self-guided determination to complete reports and charting in a time efficient manner
- Character traits including excellent interpersonal and communication skills, professionalism, integrity, honesty, adaptability, organizational skills, and being a self-starter
Position is fee for service with high income potential. This is a truly unique opportunity for career growth. Generous compensation and benefits package available and an opportunity to work with a happy and supportive team!
Interested candidates should send a curriculum vitae AND letter of interest to Michel Wilds, Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org