Elena Rivera, PsyD, NCSP, BCBA
Dr. Rivera is a licensed Psychologist who has been with Melmed Center since July 2020. Her current services include psychoeducational, developmental, and psychological evaluations. She offers counseling services for executive functions, maladaptive behavior in children, and anxiety. Modalities of treatment include Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Play Therapy, and Solution-Focused Therapy. By adopting an eclectic approach, Dr. Rivera focuses on improving relaxation skills, behavioral management, frustration tolerance, and affect identification and expression. Prior to joining the Melmed Center team, Dr. Rivera worked at several school districts across the valley.
Doctor of Psychology
- Argosy University, Orange, CA Master’s in Education
- Ottawa University, Surprise, AZ
- Arizona State University, Tempe, AZ
- University of Central Florida, Orlando, FL
Experience or Professional Achievements
- ASA Outstanding Dissertation Award
- American Psychological Association
- National Association of School Psychologists
- Arizona Association for Play Therapy
- Behavior Management
Dr. Rivera is from San Juan, Puerto Rico. She likes to explore nature and practice mindfulness. If she is not working, she is probably on a mountain hike somewhere or enjoying creative writing.